Our very own Director Bobby Dobroski will be leading the Superhero Sports program this fall at Players Indoor Sports Center for children ages 2 to 6. The goal of Superhero Sports is to promote continued athletics by building soccer, baseball and basketball basics that will last a lifetime. Classes will strengthen each child’s ability to work as a part of a team which will be reflected in all parts of their life as well as in future successes, and help each child understand they can be heroes in their community by helping the people around them.
Bobby has years of experience as directing and teaching experience for our camps as well as Poko Loko Early Learning Centers. Bobby earned a masters in early childhood education from National-Louis University in 2007 and is currently training for the Chicago Marathon. Chicago will mark his eleventh overall completed marathon.
You can learn more about the Superhero Sports program and sign up your children at http://playersindoor.com/attention-all-superheroes.
If you have friends with younger children and want to tell them about Good Times, this would be a great way for them to get a taste of our camping experience.
Wednesday, August 22, 2012
Tuesday, August 14, 2012
There will be an early drop off and late pick up on Wednesday, August 15th for the field trip to Six Flags Great America. The bus will be leaving Players at 8:00 AM. Please arrive 15 minutes early before the bus leaves. The camp bus will be back at Players by 6:00 PM.
- Campers that have season passes and bring them to Great America will receive $10.
- Food is not allowed in the park. Campers must bring money for lunch.
- The recommended amount to bring is $15 for lunch.
- Place money in a Ziplock bag labeled with the counselor's name, camper's name, and the amount enclosed.
- Please use singles. It makes life easier for counselors with younger campers to keep track of change.
- Campers should wear sunscreen and a hat.
- All parents are welcome to come to Great America.
- Parents that do come can buy a ticket from Bobby for $35 before they enter the park.
- Parents and guests are asked to stay with their camper's group.
- Parents may drive separately from the camp and can stay later with their campers after the camp leaves the park. Please talk to Bobby if you are planning on doing this.
- Campers will not be going into Hurricane Harbor Water Park.
Thursday, August 2, 2012
- Sleeping bag
- Set of warm clothing
- Disposable camera
- Insect repellant
- Teddy bear
- Swim suit
Please remember to bring all your Overnight Gear to camp in the morning so we may leave on time.
Posted by Bobby at 5:02 AM